- How do we keep the project manageable?
- How do we achieve the most important improvements?
- What can we do as an organization?
We have supervised a large number of MES projects and know what needs to be done to prevent delays and budget overruns.
The foundation for this is laid in the implementation preparation.
When the implementation starts “the counter starts running”.Then efficient and effective work must be done to realize the MES solution. In the project preparations, the principles, procedures and preconditions that make this possible are determined.
- Can we free the best people enough?
- Do we have to arrange for temporary hiring as a replacement?
- Do we need to engage external specialists?
- What do we do in ERP and what in MES?
- What do we do in the controls and what in MES?
- What other applications should MES connect to?
- How do we ensure a stable environment?
- What is needed for good cybersecurity?
- Do we need a separate test environment?
- What technology do we use for the interfaces?
- Do we have an unambiguous model of the physical processes?
- Can we measure revenues and consumption?
- Do we have all stock points and buffers clear?
- Which system is master of which data?
- How are we going to manage master data?
- Is our current article coding and BOM structure sufficient?
- How are we going to test?
- How are we going to train?
- What documentation must be delivered?
- How do we deal with change management?
- What should the support organization look like?
- What contract do we need with the supplier?
- How do we keep the system up-to-date?
- How do we deal with changes?